As part of their outreach work, the University of Bath is offering some exciting new programmes for Year 12 students, that we think might be of interest to your students.
We are offering the following:
- Pathway to Bath – online curriculum enhancement programme
This exciting new programme is completely free and only available to students who meet on of our Widening Participation criteria. We offer it for A level students in Science (Biology, Physics or Chemistry) and Languages (French, German or Spanish) as well as for BTEC Level 3 students in Engineering, IT and Sports and Exercise Science.
The programme will run from February to December and guides students through their very own research project through online sessions. The A level programme includes a residential on campus in the summer.
Students benefit from
- Two online sessions a month guiding them through the research project and teaching essential skills such as online research, evaluating sources and academic writing.
- Continued access to their own e-mentor, a current undergraduate in their subject.
- 1:1 support with Personal statements, UCAS applications and a successful transition to University
- If students achieve a B or above in their project they are eligible for an alternative offer (A level students) or a guaranteed offer (BTEC students) at Bath.
- Online resources for parents about the project as well as UCAS, student life, student finance, support available at University and more
- More information and a link to the online application form can be found on our website. Interested students should act quickly as the deadline for applications is Friday 8th February 2019 and places are limited. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discover Bath Residentials
These summer residentials are an opportunity for Year 12 students to experience first year study at Bath: staying on campus, carrying out a project with academic staff and students.
They are more than just a summer school as they include
- pre-residential online modules which will mimic University style learning where they will develop their subject knowledge
- a four-day stay on campus where students will get to take part in a set of first year undergraduate lectures, workshops and projects such as laboratory experiments, plus a range of free time activities.
- After their stay students will have the opportunity, with support from current undergraduates, to write up a report which will be marked to a first year undergraduate standard. If students meet the University’s widening participation criteria and achieve a B/2:1 in their report they will be eligible for an alternative offer at the University of Bath.
- 1:1 support with personal statements, UCAS applications and a successful transition to University
The residentials are open to all Year 12 students who are academically able to access a degree at the University of Bath in the subject they are applying for. The cost is £225 and covers all accommodation, food and activities. Students who meet one of our Widening Participation criteria will receive a subsidised free place. For more information, specific dates and a video you can play in assemblies and a link to the online application, please visit our website. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- We are offering residentials in the following subjects:
- Computer Science / Chemistry / Biology / Physics / Maths / Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Robotics
- Economics / Social Science / Criminology / Politics / Health, Sport / Education with Psychology / Languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian)
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have! We look forward to welcoming some of you on one of our programmes soon,
University of Bath